GrapeCity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are always looking for talented people; you're welcome to send us your resume.
Email email@example.com, fax to 412.681.4384, or mail to GrapeCity, Attn: Human Resources, 8025 Creedmoor Rd, Suite 200, Raleigh, NC 27613
GrapeCity is seeking a Software Support Engineer for our Raleigh office.
The Software Support Engineer will be part of a team of technical support professionals responsible for engaging customers and staff to support and advocate the full GrapeCity product line across a variety of platforms.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to customers via phone, email and forums; and follow up on open customer support issues until they are resolved completely
- Provide internal technical support to the GrapeCity Sales and Support teams
- Create content for the GrapeCity community (knowledgebase articles, samples, FAQs, & blog posts)
- Perform functional testing of GrapeCity products, samples, websites and documentation
- Participate in community events (code camps, trade shows)
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar field, or equivalent experience
- At least one year of experience in technical support or customer service
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills including familiarity with other MS development technologies (ASP.NET, ActiveX/COM, LightSwitch, XAML and WinRT)
- Familiarity with SQL, Oracle, or Access
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent organization skills
- Explaining highly technical concepts to users of widely varying technical backgrounds
- Developing and maintaining familiarity with a wide range of developer technologies
- Understanding underlying developer platforms well enough to debug complex software projects
- Consistently exceeding our customers' expectations
GrapeCity offers an excellent benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance, 401(k) Retirement Saving Plan, Paid Time Off, and Quarterly Incentive Bonus Plan.
Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Medical Plan - United Healthcare Choice Plus. The company pays 100% of an employee's premium and their dependents' premium as well as the full deductible.
- Dental Plan - Delta Dental
- Vision Plan - VSP
Disability and Life Insurance
GrapeCity provides employees with short term and long term disability insurance through the Hartford Group Life Insurance for Employee, spouse, and eligible dependents.
- Short Term Disability Insurance: The weekly benefit is 66 2/3% of your weekly earnings up to $500 per week.
- Accident: 1st day coverage; illness: 8th day coverage; and benefit duration: 26 weeks.
- Long Term Disability Insurance: The monthly benefit is 60% of your monthly earnings, up to $5,000 per month. Benefits commence on the 181st day.
401(K) Retirement Savings Plan
There is a pre-tax deferral of earnings and vested employer matching.
Paid Time Off
- Holidays, Sick Leave, Vacation Leave, Bereavement Leave, Maternity/Paternity Leave
Quarterly Incentive Bonus Plan
Employee contributions are recognized with a bonus plan based on quarterly financial performance.