ActiveReports 11 is faster than ever before. Now with native support for JSON, CSV and XML datasources you can access data from NoSQL datasources. Multiple axes charts, importing report layouts from Excel files, PDF print presets, and tweaks in report items further enhance your report design and runtime experience.
Faster Report Rendering
ActiveReports 11 is faster than any of the earlier versions with an optimized rendering process. We have refactored the report engine using latest technologies to improve all around performance for small reports as well as the large (1000+ page) reports. The report engine improves:
- 2x Faster first page load times
- 1.5x Faster PDF export file generation
- 60% Smaller peak memory footprint
Native Support for JSON Data
Source data from JSON files, web services and REST API using the new built in JSON data provider. You can also define a JSON Schema to make referencing the columns in your report design user friendly. The JSON schema can also be used to validate the datasource at runtime.
Import Report Layouts from Excel Files
Create RDL report layouts in ActiveReports by importing Excel files. You can specify repeating rows, text regions, and other data controls and map them from cells to ActiveReports Report Items. You can also use Excel as an intermediary file for importing your report layouts from other report design tools.
New API Properties
We have added new properties to the already extensive ActiveReports Developer API to make your life even easier and give you more control. Some of these are:
- PageReportDesignerActions in ActiveReports EUD controls
- OverwriteOutputFile in all ActiveReports Rendering Extensions
- OptimizeStatic in ActiveReports PDF RE for file size optimizations
And More Enhancements
And that is not all. ActiveReports 11 adds new features in various areas which developers like yourself have been requesting. Some of these are:
- MicroQR Symbology has been added to the BarCode Report Item
- Table Data Region has new Context Menu Options
- Tablix Data Region includes improved Design-time Usability
Download a fully functional 30-day trial to experience the power of ActiveReports for yourself. Our expert support is here to help if you have questions.